HABC Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety (QCF)
This regulated qualification is aimed at learners who wish to gain a nationally recognised qualification in spectator safety supervision.
The HABC Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety (QCF) has been accredited by the regulators of England and Wales (Ofqual and the Welsh Government) and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
In order to achieve this certificate learners are required to achieve 16 credits from the following four mandatory units along with two of the six optional units.
The Mandatory Units are:
- Prepare stewards and venues for spectator events
- Maintain stewarding in designated areas and deal with spectator problems and emergencies
- Deal with accidents and emergencies
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
Candidates then have the options to select 2 of the following 6 optional units:
- Support the efficient use of resources
- Manage own resources and professional development
- Manage information for action
- Help to manage conflict
- Control and detain people at a spectator event for action by the police
- Work with others to improve customer service
The qualification ensures that candidates are tested to demonstrate complete coverage of the course curriculum and qualification standards on at least two occasions when the assessor is present and also when the evidence is available to indicate that the standard is present when the assessor is not present.
Assessment takes place through the completion of a portfolio of evidence, the majority of which is expected to come from the observation of real world activities along with other work supporting products.
Learners are required to be over the age of 16 prior to registration.